Come join Chef Francisco and learn the art of making meringue.
Chef Francisco (nickname Pancho) is the Head Chef at The Pie Piper & Doornuts. Originally from Santiago, Chile, Pancho has turned his French style patisserie experience and training to North American Piper style dessert making. Together with Danielle, they are the force behind our menus in our stores.
This is a demonstration class where Chef Francisco will show you how to make three types of meringue you can use for a variety of uses from topping a dessert pie to making small delicate meringue kisses and cookies. You'll learn great tips so you can be a super star with meringue at home.
- How to make Swiss, Italian and French meringue
- and the different applications and uses of each
- How to top dessert pies, tarts and other desserts
The class runs for approximately 1 hour and is held at our store and bakery at 321 K'Rd.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Suitable for ages 12 years and up
- We're not a gluten free, wheat, egg, diary or nut free kitchen. If you have allergies to these things, then this class may not be for you.
- Wheelchair access is available - should you require any considerations for disabilities, please contact us in advance as we want everyone enjoying the class
- Should your selected class not reach minimum numbers, we will contact you to make the choice of either refunding your ticket, or rescheduling to a different class.
- Please be aware that should you purchase a ticket and change your mind about attending, that we're unable to offer refunds 7-days out from the class starting due to staff and set up.
If you have any questions, then call us on 09-390 6147 - we're happy to help!