Come join Danielle, our Chief Pie and Donut Creator, to learn the art of making the perfect apple pie!
Danielle is the creator and founder of The Pie Piper & Doornuts and has made thousands of dessert pies. She's learned lots of tips and tricks over the years, and is willing to pass those on to you.
This is a hands on where Danielle will demonstrate how to make a simple pie pastry, and you'll get to make and build your own apple pie which you'll take home warm and golden brown straight from the oven.
- How to choose apples and other fruits for baked pies
- The use of spices, sugars and thickeners in pies
- The art of baking a fruit pie<
The class runs for approximately 1-1/2 hours and is held at our store and bakery at 321 K'Rd.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Suitable for ages 12 years and up
- We're not a gluten free, wheat, egg, diary or nut free kitchen. If you have allergies to these things, then this class may not be for you.
- If you require a vegan option, please let us know in advance.
- Wheelchair access is available - should you require any considerations for disabilities, please contact us in advance as we want everyone enjoying the class
- Should your selected class not reach minimum numbers, we will contact you to make the choice of either refunding your ticket, or rescheduling to a different class.
- Please be aware that should you purchase a ticket and change your mind about attending, that we're unable to offer refunds 7-days out from the class starting due to staff and set up.
If you have any questions, then call us on 09-390 6147 - we're happy to help!